At Guitar Maverick we Know RARE GUITARS and you just found Another!
This is #06 of 100 of the Fabled Dragon III!
Note the original Certificate is not included. However the Original Invoice is included with this guitar!
This Guitar is in Great Shape! Shows no signs of wear or tear. No Dings and No Scratches. The Leather Case has a few blemishes...
The Dragon III, similar to the Dragon II also contained gold - lots of gold. Larry Sifel of Pearl Works was building the Dragon III’s intricate neck inlay and recalls receiving the materials from the suppliers. “We had a truck that would come by every Thursday for months on end to deliver $4,000 worth of gold each time. They’d ask, ‘What are you guys doing?’”
The Dragon III was built in 1994 and the inlay was comprised of some very tiny pieces of material, some as small as a pin-head. The Dragon III prototype was also on display with the National Guitar Museum’s traveling exhibition.
Dragon III Specs
- One-piece mahogany wide-fat set-neck, rosewood fingerboard with third-style Dragon inlay
- 22 frets
- “Dragon III” on truss-rod cover, gold inlaid signature on headstock, locking tuners
- Solid mahogany body, figured maple top
- Color options: amber, dark cherry, sunburst, indigo, teal black
- Two humbuckers (Dragon Treble & Bass)
- Volume, Tone, five-way rotary pickup switch
- PRS Stoptail
- * limited edition of 100