Buy with Confidence from Guitar Maverick
We are Authorized Dealers for Fender Custom Shop Guitars
Just Arriving! Ordered more than 1 year ago.. This is the LTD 1951 Telecaster Relic from the fine works at Fender Custom Shop Guitars.
Looking for the true Twang! Well here you go.
Seventy years ago, in the fall of 1951, the Fender Telecaster was born. Inspired by new technology that was sweeping the nation, television “telecasts” were the wave of the future and, as history has proven most powerfully, Leo Fender’s new Telecaster was also part of that wave. It was and remains to this day one of the most played, most iconic and most revered guitars in popular music.
The Fender Custom Shop presents an homage to the original Telecaster model that had such a dramatic effect on music and the electric guitar world.
The Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1951 Telecaster is available in six distinct aging packages - NOS, Deluxe Closet Classic, Journeyman Relic®, Relic, Heavy Relic and Super Heavy Relic—and features a two-piece select ash body, a one-piece AA flame quartersawn maple neck with a 10/’56 “V” profile, and a 7.25”-9.5” vintage compound-radius fingerboard with 21 narrow tall frets for perfect feel and playability.
The hand-wound Fender ’50-’51 Blackguard pickups are connected to ’51 modified “Nocaster®” wiring (similar to the original, with blender pot and brighter rhythm setting in the neck position).
Other features include a black phenolic pickguard, ’51-’54 Telecaster bridge with brass saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and disk string tree. Also included is a deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
This one is a perfect weight at 6lbs and 14.3oz..
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- Name: Limited Edition '51 Telecaster® Journeyman Relic®, Maple Fingerboard, Aged Nocaster® Blonde
- Serial Number R112833
- Model Number: 9231012773
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Aged Nocaster Blonde
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: AA Flame Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 10/56 "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Radius: 7.25" to 9.5" Compound Radius (184 mm to 241 mm)
- Frets: 21 Narrow Tall
- Nut: Bone 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Controls: Master Volume, Neck Pickup Blend (Switch Position 1 Only)
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup (+ Neck Pickup with Blend control), Position 2. Neck Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup with No Tone Control (dark vintage circuit)
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case: Custom Shop Tweed Case